HUGS FROM THE FARM will be here at Cagle’s Family Farm Sunday, Oct. 16th!
In effort to show support to those men and women serving in the armed forces currently, we are collecting items for soldier care packages. There is a wide variety of items that are needed and very much appreciated by the military personell, and we are greateful to all of our wonderful farm-goers who will be bringing such items to the farm this fall.
By donating care package items that are on this list, visitors to Cagle’s Family Farm during the fall 2011 season will receive a special discount, $2 off farm admission (not to be combined with any other offer), just for bringing an item for this worthy cause. Care package items will be collected at the farm throughout the fall season.
We also will have a letter writing station at the farm so you can bring a letter, or write one while here at the farm for a deployed soldier. This is a wonderful way to get the whole family involved in supporting our men and women who so bravely serve our conutry and protect our freedoms every day.
Learn more about the Hugs for Soldiers organization and how the care packages will be shared with our men & women in uniform at HugsForSoldiers.org.
We want to share some of the ‘comforts of home’ while our military is away from home! Please show your support and help us further our ‘Fallen but not Forgotten‘ cause this fall!
Personal Care Items requested:
- Eye Drops
- Chapstick, Carmax, Blistex
- Shampoo/Conditioner (travel size)
- Deodorant – Men and Women
- Toothpaste (travel size), Toothbrushes, Dental Floss
- Mouthwash (travel size)
- Soap, Body Wash, Hand Sanitizer
- Foot Powder
- Lotion (small size)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Razors, Shaving Cream (in tubes) no aerosol
- Travel Size Tissues
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Powder
- Tums or Rolaids
- Tylenol, Advil, Sinus Meds
- Gel Insoles
Food Items requested:
- Small bags or individually wrapped snacks or cans of Pringles, pretzels, cookies, crackers, nuts, trail mix, peanut butter/cheese crackers, sun flower seeds
- Hard Candy (Lifesavers, Jolly Ranchers), Mints
- Chewing Gum, Blow Pops
- Individual servings of powdered drinks for water bottles such as Lemonade, Gatorade, Kool-Aid, Tang, Lipton To Go Tea, Crystal Light On The Go, energy drinks, Propel (powder)
- Individual coffee, tea bags
- Beef Jerky, Slim Jims (no pork allowed)
- Pop Tarts, Nutri-grain, Granola, Cereal Bars, trail mix
- Chocolate between the months of October and March only (M&Ms are acceptable)
Other Items suggested:
- Crossword Puzzles
- Playing Cards
- Stationery & Envelopes
- Assorted Greeting Cards for Soldier to send to family & friends
- AT&T Global Prepaid Phone Cards
- Batteries – AA
- DVDs, CDs
- Video Games
- Small board games
- Glade Stick-ups or room deodorizers
- Bug Repellent in lotions & pump-spray bottles– NO AEROSOLS
- Sun Screen
- First Aid Kits – travel size